Election Information

All voters are encouraged to vote absentee by mail for November 3, 2020 election.

Register to Vote

If you have just moved to Liberty Grove or have changed your address you will need to register to vote.  You will need to provide proof of your residence when submitting your application.  Click here for a list of acceptable P.O.R. documents.

Find out which ward you live in here.

Request a Ballot to be mailed to you

  1. ONLINE: Visit https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
    • Click the “Vote Absentee” icon
    • Enter your First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth and click search
    • Click "Request Absentee Ballot"
    • Follow the directions presented and complete the form
  2. EMAIL: send a copy of your Photo ID to [email protected] with the following information
    • Your Full Legal Name - as stated on your Drivers license
    • Your physical Liberty Grove address
    • Date of the election(s) for which you would like to receive a ballot
    • The address where the ballot should be mailed

The deadline to request a ballot by mail is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday immediately before an election.

  • October 29th is the deadline for the November 3rd election

To ensure that your ballot is received at the polling place (Town Hall) by election day it is recommended that you submit your request as early as possible so your ballot can be mailed as soon as it is available.

Returning your Absentee ballot

After you have voted and followed the certification directions enclosed with your ballot, you may return the ballot in one of the following ways:

  • By mail
  • Put your ballot in the drop box in the entry way of the Town Office
  • Bring your ballot to the polling place on election day

All ballots must be returned by 8:00pm on election day unless the Wisconsin Elections Commission has determined a different deadline for that particular election.

To check the status of your absentee ballot or check your voter history please visit https://myvote.wi.gov/

Voting at Town Meetings

Are you a qualified elector who can vote at a town meeting?

Any qualified elector can vote at a town meeting.  See State Statutes 60.14 & 6.02 and 6.10.  You will be asked to declare your permanent residence.  If your permanent residence is not Liberty Grove you will be asked if you have been at your Liberty Grove residence for 10 days prior to the Special Town meeting.  If you have you are a qualified elector and can vote.  If you have not been here for 10 consecutive days you cannot vote.  Your Liberty Grove property must have a dwelling on it that you have lived in.  You will be asked to sign in and register your intent to vote.

Running for Town Board Chairman or Supervisor

Download the and complete the following forms and bring them to the Town office:

EL-162 - Declaration of Candidacy

CF-1 - Registration Statement Sections D, E, and F do not need to be completed.  The person running is also the treasurer in most cases.

EL-169 - Nomination Paper for Nonpartisan Office You will need at least 20 signatures from persons at least 18 years of age residing within the Town of Liberty Grove.

Wisconsin Elections Commission

The Wisconsin Elections Commission has all election-related forms available for download at their web site.